University English Language Centres of Australia (UECA), and the Centre for English Language Teaching, University of Western Australia, are proud to present the UECA PD Fest Perth on Saturday, 20 November 2021.
ZOOM Registration Link
Please register for the ‘live’ event using the link below.
Through the theme Support, the event aims at providing professional development on a range of skills and strategies for supporting both teachers and students in these challenging times. It is a great opportunity to share ideas and insights with colleagues from different centres, through a range of synchronous and asynchronous presentations and interviews. It will include opportunities for participants to interact with colleagues across the sector.
Our plenary speaker is Dr Guy Curtis, a Senior Lecturer in Applied Psychology at the University of Western Australia. He has worked as an academic for nearly 20 years, and his current research interests are psychological individual differences, leadership, and academic integrity and contract cheating. He will join us live via Zoom on Saturday November 20th to discuss academic integrity and how we can support students to do the right thing.
The Plenary will then lead into a Panel Discussion on what needs to be included in a Direct Entry Program, and ways we can be supporting students, from a range of perspectives.
The theme of Support will also be realised through asynchronous presentations in 2 streams.
- Developing Language and Academic Proficiency: Skills, Strategies and tips to developing students’ language skills for university studies
- Techniques for supporting the student’s well-being through the learning
- Student engagement
- I’ve not taught that before!!! Tips and strategies for changing into a new area/stream of teaching
- Support in total well-being to keep teaching in challenging times
- Teacher engagement
- Use of badging, micro-credentials and gamification to motivate teachers